We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join our team.
Having this role, you will:
- Architect, design and implement reliable, maintainable code by working closely to Technical Leadership.
- Build gameplay systems including player, combat, aiming, locomotion, AI, and traversal mechanics.
- Iterate on gameplay functionality to create compelling and exciting experiences for our players.
- Build code that is performant for CPU and networking.
- Communicate, support and collaborate across a multi-disciplinary team that is varied in technical understanding; at times in a fast-paced iterative environment
- Work with leadership and production on scheduling, anticipating risk or identifying other dependencies and messaging solutions up to technical leadership.
- Provide support through mentorship and code review as needed.
- 5+ years of games industry experience, specifically regarding building gameplay, including player, AI, combat, aiming, locomotion and traversal mechanics.
- 3+ years of professional C++ programming experience.
- 3+ Unreal or Unity engine experience.
- Understanding and familiarity with proprietary and/or commercial game engines.
- Solid 3D mathematics skills.
- A strong passion for gaming, including the ability to analyze competitive titles.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Console development experience.
- Shipped one or more AAA titles using a commercial game engine.
- Good debugging and optimization skills.