Engineers implement the features and content that entertain our players. They unlock the potential of the designers and artists who work alongside them, and create the experiences that keep our players excited and engaged.
Engineers find the right solutions quickly, implement them efficiently, and integrate them with the rest of the game experience. An engineer must champion collaboration, creativity, and quality in their work. At Arctic 7, we are building a very close team of engineers to create exceptional games together.
As a Senior Engineer, you will take responsibility for multiple game systems and support the content creators who will use them. You will take systems from initial concept, define their technical requirements, work with the team to implement them, and then ensure that the implementation meets all their goals.
Having this role, you will:
- Work with designers, artists, and the rest of the engineering team to bring the game’s vision to life.
- Work on multiple game components, ranging from prototyping to detailed implementation and optimization
- Implement game systems to support the game’s design vision within the constraints of gameplay. Provide multiple options for implementation,and be able to present the pros and cons of each solution within the context of the design vision.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to create a robust and sustainable technology platform.
- Achieve a high standard of quality, creativity, predictability, and efficiency
- Aid in project planning. Identify cross-discipline needs and requirements for implementation
- Mentor colleagues on programming skills and programming theory
- 5+ years of professional experience as an engineer in the games industry
- Excellent skills in C++ and C# with a modern programming philosophy.
- Specialist in at least one game programming discipline (tools, graphics, physics, AI, etc.)
- Strong facility with mathematics, including algebra, trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Must demonstrate creativity and willingness to collaborate with other disciplines.
- Previous experience with one or more game engine technologies.
- Previous experience with console of handheld development
- Able to create test plans and requirements documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for making and playing video games.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Experience and proficiency in additional programming or scripting languages, such as Java, LUA, Python, etc.
- College degree in computer science or equivalent experience.