We are looking for a Lead Technical Animator to establish AAA level animation production pipeline inside Unreal Engine 4/5. The focus will be on leading a team of technical animators while providing your guidance and expertise to other departments. You will be expected to work with outsource and/or codev partners and establish efficient asset flow from them to the project.
Having this role, you will:
- Lead a team of technical animators.
- Work with outsource and/or codev partners.
- Establish animation pipeline.
- Spearhead animation logic development.
- Communicate between Engineering, Design, and Art teams to ensure that animation assets are produced in accordance with project needs and specifications.
- 2+ years of experience working as a Lead Technical Animator or in a relevant position.
- Experience in using common industry DCC’s (Autodesk Motion Builder, Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Max).
- Proficiency with modern Game Engine animation technologies (such as Unity or Unreal). Unreal Engine 4/5 is preferred.
- Experience in Motion Capture production and cleanup.
- Understanding of Animation Principles and keyframe animation.
- Firm understanding of rig production (scripting, retargeting, constraints, etc.).
Nice to have, but not required:
- Proprietary game engine experience.
- Experience in other game development disciplines.
Working mode (optional):
- Remote: working from home, from any Europe location that is within 3 hours of the UTC +1 time zone.
- Office: working primarily from Podgorica, Montenegro [company provides relocation support].