Engineers implement the features and content that entertain our players. They unlock the potential of the designers and artists who work alongside them, and create the experiences that keep our players excited and engaged.
Engineers find the right solutions quickly, implement them efficiently, and integrate them with the rest of the game experience. An engineer must champion collaboration, creativity, and quality in their work. At Arctic 7, we are building a very close team of engineers to create exceptional games together.
As an Associate Engineer, you will help our team of engineers develop game systems and support the content creators who will use them. You will work with the team to implement them and then help ensure that the implementation meets all their goals.
Having this role, you will:
- Work with designers, artists, and the rest of the engineering team to bring the game’s vision to life.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to create a robust and sustainable technology platform.
- Achieve a high standard of quality, creativity, predictability, and efficiency.
- Aid in project planning.
- Develop mastery of internal systems and tools of the company.
- 1+ years of professional experience as an engineer in the games industry.
- Excellent skills in C++ and C# with a modern programming philosophy.
- Strong facility with mathematics, including algebra, trigonometry, and linear algebra.
- Must demonstrate creativity and willingness to collaborate with other disciplines.
- Previous experience with one or more game engine technologies.
- Previous experience with console of handheld development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for making and playing video games.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Experience and proficiency in additional programming or scripting languages, such as Java, LUA, Python, etc.
- College degree in computer science or equivalent experience.